Something funny for your Friday. A UK website called So Feminine has published their Ten Commandments of “Making the first move” and I have to say they made me chuckle a little bit. Not that my educational expectations were all that high. Check out this gem:
2. DON’T show you’re confident: you don’t like men who come over as cocky, right? It works the same both ways.
I don’t know about you, but confident and cocky seem to be two very different concepts to me. Then the list gets even more hilariously confusing and contradictory…
6. Be yourself: don’t try and be something you’re not just to pull him. Be sexy, but be you.
7. Watch your appearance: he has to think you’re gorgeous and classy right from the start. First impressions stick around!
8. BUT don’t go over the top: you don’t want him to think he’s not good enough for you or make him feel in any way inadequate. If you try too hard it could have the opposite effect and send him bolting for the door!
9. Once you’re in there, remain forward: men can be intimidated by a woman coming on to them and they might not know how to react. Don’t be shy about making the second or third move too!
10. BUT try and be as discreet as possible: this is the hardest bit. You have to let him think he initiated things, otherwise his male pride could take a battering…
Phew! Okay, so I’m supposed to be myself, but if myself is confident, I’m not supposed to be myself, but I should be a sexy version of myself, but not too sexy as to make him feel inadequate, or intimidating, but if I am indimidating I should keep being intimidating, but to protect his pride, not too intimidating, you know - intimidating in a non-confident, kind of sexy but not too sexy way that’s myself but not too much like myself….