Shameless magazine is smart, sassy media. Since 2004, we’ve operated as non-profit, volunteer-run feminist magazine for teens and trans youth and, with your help, we’d like to keep going.
It’s our pleasure to invite you to the first ever Shameless silent auction on Thursday October 25th, 6:30-9:00pm. Tickets are $15 adv, $20 at the door. (Tickets: shamelessauction.eventbrite.ca) Buy early and save that extra $5 for the incredible items on the auction block, such as:
• A two-week gluten cleanse with nutritionist Meghan Telpner (meghantelpner.com)
• A three-hour session with Ro Velasquez, Toronto birthing doula (radgirldoula.tumblr.com)
• Two season passes to the Toronto Roller Derby (torontorollerderby.com/cnpower.php)
• A site-specific mural by international artist Coco Riot, who’s shown in contemporary art museums and at political events (cocoriot.com)
• A bra and knickers set by local designers Fortnight Lingerie, featured in Toronto Fashion Week (fortnightlingerie.com/collection)
• A custom-designed skateboard by Oasis Skateboard Factory (oasisskateboardfactory.blogspot.ca)
• A one hour portrait photography session with Jennifer Rowsom (jenniferrowsom.com)
• Two passes to a macrobiotics cooking class at She Cooks Macro (shecooksmacro.com)
• Goodie package from Come As You Are (comeasyouare.com)
• First solo album and signed book of lyrics & poetry by John K Samson of the Weakerthans (johnksamson.com)
• Three hours with local jazz band Tesseract, a local jazz group that has opened for the likes of Wynton Marsalis, to play your dinner party or special event.
• Movie passes, jewelry by local artists and so much more!!
PLUS we’ll raffle two tickets to Nightwood Theatre’s The Penelopiad, written by Margaret Atwood and starring Megan Follows.
We’ll have delicious food by The Afghan Women’s Catering Group, the musical stylings of DJ Mizz Brown (nominated for Best Local DJ by NOW magazine) and cheap drinks!!
Every dollar – every last dollar – we raise from the auction goes directly to funding Shameless magazine, helping fuel our mission to bring needed alternative voices to the media landscape.
“[Shameless] deals with real issues — important stuff — not how to flirt… this is a magazine for real girls.”
— One of our readers named Shannon, 14, Regina, Saskatchewan
Do you love the idea of Shameless but can’t come to our auction? Please go to our invite page and donate through our “There in Spirit” option – every bit really does make a difference.
Get your ticket or give your donation here: shamelessauction.eventbrite.ca
Can’t wait to see you October 25th!