In the Blog
Only in a Woman’s World?
Oh boy oh boy! There’s a new marketing strategy in town: Only in a Woman’s World. This “series” of drawn videos is here to inspire us to maintain our friendships and fall for these ideas of how women should act. So far this site/series has helped me maintain the following myths about women’s lives:
- That good friends only come in sets of fours
- You’re still expected to be hung up about your hair from high school
- We’re never gay, and always searching for Mr. Right if we haven’t bagged him yet
- Gaining back the five pounds we’ve lost is shameful
- That if your body is imperfect it is “embarrassing”
- Snack companies still want to sell us ideas about who we are (and who they think we should be) to buy their crackers
- That we hate our bodies so much we’d wear control top stockings under our bikinis
- Making excuses for the food we eat is okay, accepted, and encouraged
- We’re still eating celery to fit into said bikinis!
I can’t wait for all the other things I’m going to learn about who I should be and what I should do as this series evolves!!