Join the Hall of Shameless!
Since 2004, Shameless magazine has been a fresh alternative to typical teen media. Shameless is a magazine for young women and trans youth who want more from life than makeup and diet tips. From day one, Shameless has been publishing on 100% pure volunteer power. But to keep publishing this independent magazine, full of the smart, sassy content so many have come know and love, we need your help.
[Shameless] deals with real issues — important stuff — not how to flirt... this is a magazine for real girls. — Shannon, 14, Regina, Saskatchewan
Shameless has no corporate backers and we want to keep it that way. As an independent magazine, Shameless has the freedom to fulfill our mandate of creating content that empowers youth to be curious, to be brave, to think critically and creatively and to trust themselves. Shameless fills an important niche in media for today's young people.
Publications like [Shameless] are so important and it's great to see a magazine that so accurately represents the voices of young women and encourages and inspires them to speak up. — Jane Deacon, Editor, Kingston Publications
Sign up now for the Hall of Shameless!
With your help we can make Shameless sustainable. For a small monthly donation (and we mean small! The price of one fancy coffee or one trip to the movies!), you will receive an ongoing subscription to Shameless and free entry to all of our events. More importantly, you will be an integral part of ensuring that Shameless continues to bring a much-needed voice to young women and trans youth across Canada.
As a teenage activist, Shameless was a space where I actually got to see and be inspired by other young feminists. As a twenty-something activist, I still find inspiration in the pages of Shameless and pass it on to people whenever I can. — Kaley Kennedy, former Shameless editorial collective member
Shameless Pro, Hall of Shameless
Shameless has been praised for not talking down to readers. It's a trusted friend and co-conspirator: a teen magazine that makes girls and trans youth feel good about themselves. But don't just take our word for it: here's what our readers have to say:
"Thank you for creating such a life-altering magazine!"
— Esther, 15, Holyrood, Newfoundland
"Your magazine is a true work of art and intellect."
— Ashling, 14, Cambridge, Ontario
Times are tough for independent and alternative media. Your support is crucial to the long-term sustainability of Shameless.
Join the Hall of Shameless! Your small monthly donation will go a long way.
How does it work?
- Sign up to be a monthly donor.
- Your credit card will be charged once per month.
- Shameless continues to publish!
You can cancel anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the "Unsubscribe" button below.
Need more reasons to join the Hall of Shameless?
I believe in encouraging young people to be shameless. When I was younger, I was a card-carrying member of The Good Girl Club. It took me 42 years to give up my membership — to realize that it's better to be outspoken than to be bullied into silence; better to be part of a group of passionate people who are working for change than to be alone and scared. Investing in Shameless means investing in the next generation. I am proud to take my place in the Hall of Shameless because speaking out for a better world is nothing to be ashamed about. — Ann Douglas, journalist, author, mother, activist
Most Valuable Player, Hall of Shameless
- Shameless publishes the work of emerging artists and writers across Canada.
- Shameless recently launched a new program called the Shameless Wire, which provides hands-on journalism and media skills to young women and trans youth who may not have access to this type of training and whose voices are often shut out of media.
- Shameless publishes content that is feminist and anti-oppressive. We aim to produce a magazine that is anti-racist, anti-ableist, LGBTQ2S-positive and geographically diverse.
- Our collaborative blog and brand-new website encourage teens to join in conversations about culture, politics and social justice, filling a gap left by most teen media.
- Shameless covers the stories and issues that are important to young women and trans youth: independent arts and culture, social justice, the environment, health and sexuality, sports, food, activism and technology.
- We provide content for youth who often feel marginalized by mainstream media: trans youth, youth of colour, queer youth and youth with critical minds.
- Teens and the folks who care about them love reading Shameless! Readers from coast to coast (and even in the United States) tell us how much the magazine means to them.
Sign me up for the team! I want to join the Hall of Shameless.
Questions? Email us! (email@example.com)
Prefer to make a one-time donation? You can also donate to us using the button below:
Wish to cancel your membership to the Hall of Shameless? We're sorry to see you go. Use the "Unsubscribe" button below: