Call for Bloggers!
Illustration: Beena Mistry
Shameless Magazine, Canada’s independent, feminist voice for teens with marginalized genders, is building a team and community network of regular contributors to the blog. We are envisioning building a supportive space for writers of all experience levels to share their work, collaborate, and connect with each other. At this time, this space will be virtual! Do you have a commitment to anti-oppression and inclusive feminist politics? Do you have something to say? Do you want to hone your writing skills and be part of a supportive community of writers and editors? Then we want you!
We are looking for smart, sassy, shameless people to join the Shameless team as regular bloggers for a one-year term.
We are looking for folks who are:
- New to writing or have some (or lots!) of experience with writing
- Already feminist writers or who want to develop an intersectional feminist perspective in their writing
- Interested in writing for a youth audience (with priority given to youth writers!)
- Interested in writing one piece each season/quarter of the year (or every 3-4 months) or more often, with the possibility of having regular columns
- Located in rural and northern areas of so-called Canada as well as those located in urban, coastal, and central areas
- Full of ideas or keen to brainstorm new ideas with our editors and fellow bloggers in a supportive (and virtual) space
- Interested in being part of a community of writers and bloggers and, together, shaping the overall vision for the blog
Like all roles on this volunteer-run magazine, these positions are unpaid. Each volunteer blogger receives a small honorarium (usually $25 - $50, depending on length) per published piece. (We are hoping to engage in a strategic planning process towards late 2021 to change this!)
We strongly encourage applications from Black and Indigenous people, people of colour, two-spirit, queer and trans folks, and those with experience with anti-racist feminist politics and/or anti-racist feminist organizing. If you have questions or require support with your application, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Friday August 13th, 2021. Application form can be found here.