Join Team Shameless! We’re seeking a new volunteer features editor!
Illustration: Erin McPhee
[Editor’s Note: Shameless is a 100% volunteer run organization, with a small honourarium that is the same for all volunteer staff (including art director, business and circulation staff, and editors). In terms of frequency, all volunteer staff positions require approx. 5 hrs per week on average.]
Shameless is seeking a volunteer features editor to join our team!
* Works with the editorial team to plan and assign the features
* Assigns stories to writers and works directly with writers to shape stories
* Edits stories
* Occasionally represents the organization at events such as the Hamilton Feminist Zine Fair and Word on the Street
The ideal candidate will:
* Have an understanding of and commitment to Shameless’s mandate
* Have excellent writing and editing skills
* Be super organized and an excellent communicator
* Have story ideas (contacts with writers is a plus)
* Be willing to take direction on and develop stories proposed by the Youth Advisory Board
* Be available for regular editorial meetings in Toronto
* Work well with a team
We are looking for people who work well collaboratively, who have a good sense of Shameless’s editorial vision, who are committed to anti-racist feminist politics, who have editorial experience, and who are excellent communicators and work well over email (Shameless has no office).
Please email a resume and a cover letter detailing your experience and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Friday, October 20. We’ll contact you if we’d like to set up an interview.