Maker Monday! Mini Zines!
Illustration by Erin McPhee
Every Monday we’re bringing you awesome craft ideas from The Studio, a drop-in program for youth aged 13-21 run by Delisle Youth Services. (http://delisleyouth.org)
The Studio is a youth directed drop-in centre for queer and trans youth and allies ages 13-21. Come chill with us at Mon-Thurs 3-8pm at The Studio under the Northern District Toronto Library at 40 Orchard View Blvd in Toronto!
Today for Maker Monday we’ll be making mini zines in a workdshop led by the amazing Coco Riot. Tell your story through words, drawings, or collage.
Steps (this is best done with a photo tutorial):
- Take a regular letter sized paper and fold it width-wise in the middle (like a card!)
- Fold each half again, accordian-style.
- Make a cut width-wise across the middle two-panels (refer to guide)
- Fold the entire paper length-wise
- Fold along the seam and you’ve got a mini zine!
Not sure what to make a zine about?:
How did you get here?
What’s your favourite family story?
What is your gender? What does it mean to you?
Who was your favourite fictional character when you were a child? Why?
What would you do if you were the last person on earth?
What’s your comfort food?